New Weird- JACK

“People walk along and see nothing but trash, Remade trash with bodies all wrong, shat out by the punishment factories. Well, I don't want to be too sentimental about it but I've no doubts at all that Jack'd have seen this woman  whose hands yes were gone and been replaced with little birds' wings  and he'd have seen an old man, not the sexless thing he'd been made into, and a young lad with eyes gone and in their place an array of dark glass and pipework and lights and the boy stumbling trying to see in ways he weren't born to but still a boy. ”  

This was an amazing story this is by far my favorite as it just captures the whole the worlds at its peak of destruction and grime and yet still it goes on. Humanity in this story is something that I have come to love as it connects back to where the world is heading now.

The whole cyberpunk theme is something that I see as being the more interesting aspect of a fantasy syfi setting. It’s also big in the contemporary world today! Games have latched onto this theme and are using it to submerge the players into the world that’s been through so much. It is eye opening and enticing.

For this story I don’t think anything needs to change just the length would be better with more. Which there is but I didn’t have the chance to read the other stories but this was enough for me to fall in love with the work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LITERARY SPECULATION

THE DROWNED GIANT J. G. Ballard J. G. Ballard

The Fiction of Ideas